Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce Yourself

Post  Tara Voelker on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 am

I figured the best way to start our new forums would simply be to have everyone take the time to introduce yourself.

I'll start.

Hi! I'm Tara Tefertiller, soon to be Tara Voelker. I live in Orlando, FL and I am the current chair person for the SIG. I have had several requests for forums, and I thought that a non-IGDA website forum would be great as non-members could come to see what we had to say and ask questions as well.

Tara Voelker
Admin

View user profile http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  Jherika Howze on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Hello there. My name is Jherika Howze. I reside in Detroit, Michigan and I'm a senior student at the International Academy of Design and Technology. Majoring in Game Production, of course. I graduate very soon (in March) and I hope to make the best of it.

I'm also an aspiring User Interface Artist and Designer.

Jherika Howze

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself! Michelle Hinn

Post  michellehinn on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Michelle Hinn -- the current chair emeritus (ie, I was the chair for about eight years before Tara took over) of the SIG. I hope that I can help provide some good advise based on being involved with the SIG since the beginning in the almost 10 years it's been around (we were a committee for several years before we became an official SIG in 2004).

Looking forward to some good conversations!
Michelle Hinn

michellehinn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself: Kevin Bierre

Post  kbierre on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 am

I'm Kevin Bierre from Rochester, NY. I'm a professor in the Interactive Games and Media department at Rochester Institute of Technology, where I teach programming and graphics courses. I'm also a member of the SIG steering committee. I've been a member of the SIG from 2004. One of my interests is the development of a game accessibility curriculum that instructors can use with their game design or progrsmming courses.

kbierre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Barrie from OneSwitch

Post  OneSwitch.org.uk on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:50 am

Morning/afternoon/evening/night all! My name is Barrie Ellis, living mostly at www.oneswitch.org.uk and www.gamebase.info on-line, and Essex in England in the real world.

I've have been involved with Game Accessibility since the mid 1990's, and the wonderful IGDA GASIG (Game Accessibility Special Interest Group) since 2004, when Alex Krotoski pointed me their way. I'm presently on the steering committee, which is a privledge. Always thinking so much to do, and so little time to do it in.

Really keen to see game accessibility develop, and have learnt so much from this group of passionate and interesting people. Writing a book on Game Accessibility at present. At my speed I'm guessing 2-5 years. In my spare time, always happy to share advice, learn more - and hopefully help to see accessibility features take a stronger position in all games alongside all the others pushing in the same direction.

OneSwitch.org.uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introducing Myself - Loren Hernandez

Post  lorenh on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi guys!

I'm Loren Hernandez from Dallas, TX. I'm currently a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, and I graduate in June, after which I'm hoping to land a job in game design. Most of my work experience so far is in social network games (e.g. Facebook games, etc). I'm interested in game accessibility as a baseline standard for all games, and want to learn more about how to address it properly in my designs.

I look forward to meeting all of you, the discussions on here already are really awesome and I'm excited to see what happens next!

lorenh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Charlie Jackson, Flash Dev

Post  CataclysmicKnight on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 am

Hello! My name is Charlie Jackson (Charles if you want to get all technical, but Charlie is so much more laid back!), and I'm a Flash game developer. I am very much interested in the accessibility side of games, and I've already received some help from here as well (thank you!). I am looking forward to the discussions here!

I develop kid-friendly games, educational games and the like. Want everyone to be able to play them, not just the quick-reflexed folks Smile

CataclysmicKnight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why choose online high school classes and get GED From Home?

Post  bradonduggan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 am

We are the leading provider of quality distance education programs. We know how to get the job done!

1: Accessible – We provide ALL students with a way to get an education. We realize that there are many circumstances that prevent people from attending a live school. We provide you with a quality online high school program.

2: Flexible – We enable you to attend class at ANY time of day. If you work or have other responsibilities, you can learn on any occasion, in almost any type of setting. We make it easy and convenient to get an education.

3: Ease of Use – We allow you to take your time and work at your OWN pace. The online high school classes are easy to comprehend and provide detailed instructions for completion. We will walk you through the process to ensure that you succeed.

4: Sense of Independence – We provide you with the ability to complete something on your OWN terms. This can provide you with a sense of accomplishment.

You have CHOICES – you decide the terms of your education. You learn in a FLEXIBLE environment – you decide the structure. You set the PACE – you decide how fast you want to learn. You are in CONTROL – you decide when and what to do.

GED Online with Stanley High School.
bradonduggan

View user profile http://www.stanleyhighschool.com/

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Carlton Gaunt

Post  CarltonG on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:26 am

Hello everyone, my Name is Carlton and I'm currently in my final year of a degree in Computer Games Design. Currently based in the North-East of England, soon to move to the Midlands.

I'm interested in accessibility and universal design for games and implementing what lessons I learn from research in this field to any games I happen to work on.

I committed my research module at university to the subject and intend to use this knowledge in my final year project and game developments post-university.

I look forward to learning from you all.

CarltonG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top