IGDA Game Accessibility SIG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled people presence in the videogame world

3 posters

Go down

Disabled people presence in the videogame world Empty Disabled people presence in the videogame world

Post  Javier Mairena Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 am

I think a big problem is that there are a lot of disabled people that don't know that there is a wat to play some games and there are some developers that are startting doing good things on accessibility. Because that, I think almost of them don't care about videogames and don't know what developers are startting to do, and if more developers do more things they will not know.

Including accessibility on a big game is now a risk, you really dont know if the extra work (if you have to do some special mode) will be come back on sales because there are 20% of disabled people but, how much of them know which new videogames are lauching?

Any big videogame company will do a big big jump on a big game if they are not sure about that. Instead we are moving so slowly. Doing only small videogames with a lot of accesibility or big games with 1 or 2 little things about accessbility.

We are doing a good work with ours blogs, and going to videogames expos, but i think that we need something more. This way is really slowly.

How to make disabled people interest on videogames while videogames are not accessible yet?
How to know how many disable people are really waiting an accessible videogame right now?

Javier Mairena

Back to top Go down

Disabled people presence in the videogame world Empty Re: Disabled people presence in the videogame world

Post  OneSwitch.org.uk Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 am

Great topic for us to run with, Javier. I'm working on something presently, and will open it up shortly, as I'd love for people to contribute their thoughts to it.

Cheers,

Barrie

OneSwitch.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Disabled people presence in the videogame world Empty Re: Disabled people presence in the videogame world

Post  Tara Voelker Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 am

This is a great topic idea. This was actually something that was sort of addressed at one of the round tables at GDC this year. One of the things mentioned was that there isn't an easy way to get the information about what games are accessible and mainstream to it's work to find out what AAA titles are accessible, and if you don't do the work it's a gamble.

Tara Voelker
Admin

https://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum