IGDA Game Accessibility SIG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes?

3 posters

Go down

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes? Empty How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes?

Post  Tara Voelker Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:00 am

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes?

Lesson plans? Guest Speakers? What are your suggestions?

Tara Voelker
Admin

https://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes? Empty Incorporating Accessibility

Post  kbierre Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

It would be great if we could get an accessibility course or set of lectures and demo's set up. (I have a lecture I use with my 2D graphics classes and we used to have a course here at RIT called Access and Accessibility.)

For project based courses, making accessibility part of the project requirements would be a possible approach. A set of project ideas would be useful.

kbierre

Back to top Go down

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes? Empty Re: How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes?

Post  Jherika Howze Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 pm

That sounds like a really good idea for classes. I remember back in my User Interface class, we had to find an article in the gaming world and talking about it. I found one about Super Mario Galaxy 2 (it wasn't released at the time) and it talked about accessibility a bit. Not necessarily towards disabled players but to players that get frustrated easily or can't figure something out.

Anyways, I had explained the article well enough that everyone in my class (at least for that day was interested in accessibility.) That article is what actually got me interested in accessibility as well. Now I try to think out of the box when it comes to games, especially interface wise.

Jherika Howze

Back to top Go down

How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes? Empty Re: How could teachers better incorporate game accessibility into their game design classes?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down